I have been beginning to rework to first melt tiles to create another tile made up of a collection of plastic slices that will are then be re-fused together. I cut previous tiles into strips and then arranged them into the mould ready for melting. Once melted I added 4 small washers to keep the level and then pressed shut mould shut with clamps. I left the plastic in the oven for too long (60mins) and on too high (170) as there is a slight char to the color. Due to only have half the mould covered the plastic stretched further then I intended when pressed shut. For next time I shall endevour to fill the full space of the mould which will hopefully keep a more rectangle shape.
I also utilized a silicone mould gifted to me by Alex Murphy filled with the plastic dust collected from the sander. I applied a release agent to the mould and packed in the plastic particles as much as possible. The mould was then put into the oven and for 20 minutes and then an addtional amount of plastic was added and pressed by hand on top.
The result is effective I would like to give this a try with other colours. the silicone mould also gives the plastic a waxy finish which I will have to do some market research on whether people enjoy. There were also some faults appeared in the mel, try as I might to clean the vacuum I believe there were some foreign materials such as wood that found their way into the mix (being a shared workshop vacumm this is to be expected). There were also some air pockets that could be rectified with a second melt and the addition of more pressure.