As of yet I haven't consciously been choosing colours from the plastic. My aim for this melt was to intentionally choose and arrange the colours to see how much control I can have.
This tile was specifically from one postage parcel bag (which I have found to melt excellently). I layerad the shredded plastic with yellow colour facing down to see if that would work at highlighting the yellow with the tile. the mould was then heated to 160 degrees Celsius for 60 minutes.
Once melted the plastic would create to thin a tile so I folded the molten plastic in half and in then in half again to increase it thickness and then added it back to the oven to re-fuse the folded parts for another 20 minutes. Before pressing and clamping the plastic I added 4 equal sized washers to the mould to ensure that it would be pressed level.
The end product has fused nicely creating a three colour psychedelic pattern. The washers worked well, but for next time I will need to leave ample room for the plastic to spread.